[Chat] Collecting general feedback about the conference?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri Jan 27 03:09:37 AEDT 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 06:20:36PM +1100, Russell Coker via Chat wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 January 2017 6:47:23 PM AEDT Steven Ellis via Chat wrote:
> > Keeping the whole schedule full is very hard and we lost a number of
> > speakers we really wanted very late due to personal or work reasons.
>
> I have attended many conferences, but no other conference (with the possible
> exception of OLS) has as many talks.  I don't think it matters if you don't

There are confs with more talks, even the recent linuxcons have had more
tracks and more talks (however, some were specialized tracks), but I'll
also say right away that pretty much every time you get more talks, the
quality goes down.

In my opinion the very best part of LCA is that the talks get recorded,
so that if you miss some good ones, it's easy to catch up when you go
home.
Actually I'll go one step further: I have not gone to any linux
conference that records all its talks like LCA has done for ages now
(even back when it was a real pain with media on tape, digitizing later,
and so forth, including hours and hours of heroic efforts from
volunteers, sometimes weeks after the conf was over)

Marc
--
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                         | PGP 1024R/763BE901