[Chat] Collecting general feedback about the conference?

VM Brasseur linuxconfau at vmbrasseur.com
Thu Jan 26 04:57:58 AEDT 2017

It's worth mentioning that there's more to building a programme than simply taking any talk available. Yes, many talks were submitted and considerably fewer were put on the schedule. While a very large number of those not-accepted talks would have been of high quality, they did not meet other criteria for inclusion in the programme. And, of course, some of the talk submissions were simply just not good.

So when a slot opens in the schedule, the organizers must try to maintain their vision for the programme. They cannot simply drop in the first available talk, even if it is written, practiced, and ready to go.

In this case it worked out very well, I think. The organizers chose to provide an all-day track just for BoFs, of which there were more than enough to fill the available slots and meeting spaces. That sort of community support & building is part of the reason LCA is as great as it is.

--V