[Chat] Collecting general feedback about the conference?

Michael Lake Mike.Lake at uts.edu.au
Thu Jan 26 14:23:29 AEDT 2017

Russell said something that is very pertinent
> But LCA isn't a sales/marketing conference.  It's primarily about technology
> and sometimes the people who have the most skills in that area aren't so good
> at presenting.

There are so many marvellous things that get presented. We don't want to weed out amazing things presented poorly or boring things presented well, but weeding out the few talks that didn't present content of sufficient merit and was delivered poorly.  Linux Conf is lucky that any feedback about a talk can be checked by a review team against the video of the talk.

Mike
UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects. Think. Green. Do. Please consider the environment before printing this email.