[Chat] Collecting general feedback about the conference?

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Wed Jan 25 23:55:00 AEDT 2017

On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 9:45:08 AM AEDT sginnane--- via Chat wrote:
> Give each attendee a qr code - print it on the pass.Scan it as attendee
> enters a talk. Those scanned get to offer a rating, no-one else.Organisers
> get to decide on what gets made public and what doesn't. KISS.

http://thedailywtf.com/articles/The_Complicator_0x27_s_Gloves

The Daily WTF is a site that everyone should read.

The simplest solution is to just accept that we don't have a voter fraud
problem.  The incidence of biased or false reports will be small, and they
will be limited to people who will probably actually attend the talks (IE
developers of other projects).

If a talk gets multiple reports of a similar problem then it's something that
can be investigated.  Often problems will be revealed by the video.  Most
problems with talks aren't THAT difficult to discover.  Things like not
speaking clearly enough, having slides in fine print that the audience can't
read, etc.

But LCA isn't a sales/marketing conference.  It's primarily about technology
and sometimes the people who have the most skills in that area aren't so good
at presenting.