[Chat] Astronomy BoF

Jessica Smith jessica at itgrrl.com
Wed Jan 18 22:40:59 AEDT 2017

Hi all,

I've finalised the Astronomy BoF attendee list and waitlist and have locked
the wiki page for editing. I've also added in details of the bus departure
and return times.

In brief: bus will be ready for boarding at 5:20pm TOMORROW night (Thursday
19th Jan), for departure at 5:30pm SHARP. We really have no wiggle room on
this - if you're unable to make it onto the bus by departure time for any
reason, your spot WILL be given to someone on the waitlist.

The bus will depart from the regular bus pickup point at Wrest Point
outside the exit nearest the registration desk.

For the return, there's less time pressure. The bus should be ready for
boarding about 7:45pm for an 8:00pm return to Wrest Point. We should have
you back at Wrest Point about 8:30pm, where you can board the regular
conference shuttle service for the UTAS student accommodation --> City
Centre --> Wrest Point loop.

If you plan on catching the bus TO the observatory but not returning on the
bus to Wrest Point, please let me know BEFORE you leave so that we can
ensure that we have a correct headcount before leaving the observatory!

As you may have noticed tonight, it can get cold of an evening - please
dress warmly with extra layers as needed. You may wish to bring a little
spare cash to splurge at the museum gift shop to help support the
observatory.

In finalising numbers, I double-checked the wiki page edit history to
determine who were the first 45 people to register. Anyone who added
themselves after that has been added to the waitlist. Details are below and
on the wiki page at
https://linux.conf.au/wiki/conference/birds_of_a_feather_sessions/astronomy_bof/

*Attendee List*

1. Jessica Smith (@itgrrl)
2. Jai Cornes
3. Sarah Ernst (Jai's +1)
4. John Dalton (@johndalton)
5. Karl-Johan Karlsson
6. Randall Crook
7. Paul Warren
8. Mars (@themartianlife)
9. Paris (@parisba)
10. @the_mcjones (Paris' +1)
11. @caskey (Paris' +2)
12. Ivan Brawley
13. Katrina Szetey (@pelagikat)
14. Stuart Young (@cefiar)
15. Jon (@desplesda)
16. Pete Lawler
17. Georgie Addison (Pete's +1, will meet us there)
18. Stephen Edmonds (@popcorncx)
19. Michael Cree
20. Simon Lyall (@slyall)
21. Sebastian Cook (@tsuite)
22. Justin Thiessen
23. Josh Deprez (@DrJosh9000)
24. Hannah Thompson (@hannahcancode)
25. Cameron Lonsdale (@MyOutpost)
26. Camilla Blomberg
27. Jaime Schmidt (@jaimekristene)
28. Jan Schmidt (thaytan)
29. Arthur Schmidt
30. Oliver Schmidt
31. Andrew Gordon (@andkiw)
32. Andrew Bartlett
33. Maksim Lin (@mklin)
34. Dan Hawke (@dankaska)
35. Matthew Chapman (@eigenmatt)
36. Thomas Sprinkmeier
37. Emma
38. Alex
39. Paul Hamilton
40. Paul Fenwick (@pjf)
41. Kate McCombs (@katecom)
42. Robert Mibus (@mibus)
43. Matthew D'Orazio
44. David Go
45. Paul McInerney

*Waitlist*

The people below are on the waitlist. They will be given a spot in the BoF
if anyone on the attendee list is unable to attend.

1. David Lord (@dal_geek)
2. Jed Murzello
3. Ben Martin
4. Ender