[Chat] Astronomy BoF

Jessica Smith jessica at itgrrl.com
Sun Jan 15 23:25:19 AEDT 2017

Wait, I thought you were /driving/ the space train—you mean you're not?  :-o

(Also, you should know better than to phrase questions as conditionals
amongst this crowd…)

Just updating all…

We've actually had a YUGE response to this event and are right at our limit
with a single guide. I've emailed the observatory to coordinate options for
more people if needed. If we go above 40 they need to hire another guide
for us, so additional costs are involved (at this point thanks to Peter's
generosity that's the trivial issue to solve).

The main problem we have right now is the gap between attendees and
available transportation. It looks like we'll need to book a flotilla of
taxis to get people there and back. If we don't get significantly more
offers of transport soon, I'll advise people that they'll need to organise
into groups of 3-4 and book their own taxis to and from the event (or
maxicabs if available).

Can a local confirm that booking taxis back from the observatory at ~7:30 -
8:00pm on a Thursday night is a viable thing in Hobart?

Thanks,

Jessica