[Chat] Automate your home with MQTT (Workshop)

Ewen McNeill lca2017 at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Sat Jan 14 22:05:21 AEDT 2017

On 14/01/17 09:14, fetwadjieff--- via Chat wrote:
> I also had to install npn and make a symlink to get Node-Red working in
> Ubuntu Mate Node-Red now runs for me. Here is the link if it is useful.
> [...]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26320901/cannot-install-nodejs-usr-bin-env-node-no-such-file-or-directory

For the benefit of other attendees:

If you installed nodejs/npm from Debian/Ubuntu packages (which still
seem to be node 4 AFAICT), then (as mentioned in the link you found)
also installing the *nodejs-legacy* package
(https://packages.debian.org/sid/nodejs-legacy) is another way to get
that symlink created (and IIRC that symlink is about the only thing
contained in that *nodejs-legacy* package; this is a relatively old
Debian/Ubuntu change due to a binary name conflict: see
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/07/msg00002.html and
bugs.debian.org/614907).

Ewen