[Chat] SIM card advice?

Andrew Donnellan andrew at donnellan.id.au
Fri Jan 13 15:49:14 AEDT 2017

On 13 January 2017 at 14:46, Leon Wright via Chat
<chat at lists.lca2017.linux.org.au> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> The Woolie's SIM cards appear reasonable value from my experience. They also
> use Telstra's network, so coverage is good.

If you're planning to travel around Tasmania coverage may be more of
an issue than on the mainland - last time I was in Tasmania (May last
year) my Nexus 5 could barely pick up the Optus signal in central
Devonport, though Hobart was fine.

At least one of my Tasmanian friends assured me she's never had an
issue with her Optus coverage, so it's quite possible I was just
unlucky with phone-specific issues or something.

--
Andrew Donnellan
http://andrew.donnellan.id.au         andrew at donnellan.id.au