[Chat] emojione (was Re: [IMPORTANT, ACTIONABLE] [lca2017] Your linux.conf.au 2017 ticket, and last chance for amendments)

Christopher Neugebauer chrisjrn at chrisjrn.com
Mon Jan 9 14:28:00 AEDT 2017

Hey Peter,

On linux, you need to play around with Fontconfig to make emoji render
(it has something to do with fallback fonts on X and .fontconfig that
I don't quite understand). There are tutorials on the internets.

Basically, Emojione should work on Linux.

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --