[Chat] Do you have weird HDMI hardware (and in Hobart before LCA?)

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Mon Jan 9 12:14:45 AEDT 2017

Hi everyone!

We will again be using Numato Opsis boards running the HDMI2USB firmware to
capture presentations at Linux.conf.au (FOSS hardware + FOSS software for a
FOSS conference!).

One of the goals of the HDMI2USB firmware is to finally make it possible
for presenters to plug in their laptops and have it work first time without
any fussing about. To do that we need to constantly test our code against a
wide range of different hardware configurations, however we only own a
small amount of hardware ourselves.

*This is where you can help us! *Do you have weird hardware (laptops,
computers, etc) which can generate HDMI signals (including via adapters)
and willing to lend us for the period before LCA? We would love to borrow
it!

We are specially looking to borrow the following hardware which we know
have been problematic in the past;

 * ChromeBooks with native HDMI output
 * Anything which uses USB-C to HDMI adapters, including Chromebooks and
newer Macs
 * Dell USB 3.0 to HDMI+VGA+USB 3.0 adapters

We would really like to get samples of these devices this week so we can
test **before** LCA starts (and fix any problems).

*If you have hardware you can lend us, please contact me via email
mithro at mithis.com <mithro at mithis.com> or via IRC on FreeNode in
#linux.conf.au <http://linux.conf.au> or #timvideos.*

During Linux.conf.au (probably from about Wednesday onwards) we will also
have a test station setup where non-speakers can stop for 5-10 minutes and
test their laptop. We would appreciate your help testing when that happens
too.

Thanks for your help.

Tim 'mithro' Ansell