[Chat] What to see in Tasmania ?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun Jan 8 12:51:33 AEDT 2017

On Sun, Jan 08, 2017 at 12:25:11PM +1100, Kris Howard wrote:
> I visited Queenstown in November 2014 and did the train ride. In the Spring it doesn't go all the way to Strahan though, so we just did the out and back. I blogged it if you want to judge whether it's with the trip: https://www.web-goddess.org/photo/trip-to-tasmania-november-20-30-2014/13
>
> I'm glad we did it, but TBH there's not much else to do there.

Thanks for the warning :)

In the meantime, I found out that
1) I can't do the whole day to queenstown thing because it's not going
to be offered when I'm there (they moved the days of the week it's being
done, and now it's the days I won't be there)
2) they don't offer rack and gorge from strahan, I'd have to drive to
queenstown and back, which is a bit annoying considering the train would
go to strahan where I am, and then back to queenstown where I'm not.

So that leaves me with the rainforest one.

As for the 2 companies doing the gordon river cruise, the one that's
actually called "gordon river" leaves 30mn earlier and ultimately both
companies offer about the same, so I'll do gordon river cruises since
they also offer a bonnet island experience in the evenign as a separate
cruise (mutton birds and penguins)

Marc
--
Microsoft is to operating systems ....