[Chat] What to see in Tasmania ?

Stephen Edmonds linux.conf.au at popcorn.cx
Tue Jan 3 23:39:40 AEDT 2017

I have a friend meeting me on the Saturday and we are then heading up the
east coast. While doing my research I was really impressed by the
information the Tas Government has made available. One source being the
Parks & Wildlife Service, in particular their list of short walks:
http://www.parks.tas.gov.au/index.aspx?base=1315

But the thing that I liked most (and have spend hours scouring) are the
maps: http://maps.thelist.tas.gov.au/listmap/app/list/map

The topographic maps are excellent, but don't neglect the scanned maps
(because they might emphasise different things) and the aerial photos, both
sourced from Google Maps and ones taken by the state...

I may have collected a few points of interest:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1iRNCAZf1RStFENYGPLNwEvVklFg