[Chat] Collecting general feedback about the conference?

Paul Del p at delfante.it
Thu Jan 26 15:17:15 AEDT 2017

There is a great mix of feedback.

But remember it is a volunteer organised and run conference.
The team do their best to have a range of talks to suite everyone where
possible.

I suggest you send your talk's feedback to papers chair
papers-chair at linux.org.au and Linux Australia council at linux.org.au
they can then pass the information over to the next team for 2017 etc

You can always help out and get involved to make a change.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 7:01 AM, Marc MERLIN via Chat <
chat at lists.lca2017.linux.org.au> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:11:02AM -0800, Marc MERLIN via Chat wrote:
> > Not quite what happened. I heard about 1 (or was it 2) speakers that
were
> > asked to fill the empty slots but with too little notice to be able to
> > write a talk in time.
>
> And to be more clear now that I have a real keyboard, I did enjoy the
> conference like every year, my comments were simply from the optimizer I
> can never stop being :)
> While as I already said, my own talk was redundant this year, I'm sure
> there were other worthwhile talks that were rejected simply due to lack of
> slots, and I was worried that maybe one or more of those could have
> filled the empty slots.
> As you said, in real life (I don't have the data, you seem to), maybe
> there was not a single talk that would have made the cut, and that
> could have been given with little advance notice.
> If so, that's life, nothing is perfect :)
>
> (and I'm bummed that I missed the notice that there were BOFs in there
> instead, my bad for missing that)
>
> Marc
> --
> "A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in" -
A.S.R.

--
"When service & support is everything"

Simplifying Information Technology Systems