[Chat] Collecting general feedback about the conference?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Jan 25 20:28:49 AEDT 2017

All of these ideas are good, but they've also been tried in the past.

One of the issues is that the conference organizers are focussed on a
single year's conference, so they're heads down making that thing happen.
Collecting feedback on talks is really something that _future_ years care
about. However, the conference web site is provided by the current year, so
any work they did on a review system would be diverting resources from the
conference they signed up to deliver. This is especially true for 2017,
where the conference team chose to not use the system previously used for
LCA and build a new one, which diverted a lot of resources from other
things.

That said, the papers chairs do informally collect feedback. If you have
something positive (or negative) to say, I'd encourage you to reach out to
the LCA Papers Chairs at papers-chair at linux.org.au.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia