[Chat] Wool BOF

Jill Rowling jillr at speleonics.com.au
Thu Jan 19 22:44:51 AEDT 2017

With the Wool BOF on Friday lunchtime, you don't have to go to the shop; it can
come to you. Well, in a limited way at any rate.

I'll bring my small selection of alpaca yarns. Shameless plug follows:
The 100g balls are A$40.00 and the skeins are A$37.00 each. They are more
expensive than the ones at the shop in Salamanca* but are 100% made in Australia
and the name of the alpaca is on the label. Natural colours, huacaya and suri.
>From our herd, spun in an Australian mini mill.

At the wool BOF I'd also like to discuss hacking knitting machines and jacquard
loom attachments which are usually chain programmed although there are some
closed-source ones around.

Cheers,

Jill

* The pretty dyed alpaca in the shop at Salamanca is from Australian white
huacaya alpaca which has been processed and dyed in New Zealand.

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__developers.google.com_open-2Dsource_&d=DwMFAg&c=wBUwXtM9sKhff6UeHOQgvw&r=7c5nv9d7XxuUy03TWFXwjZEqPlMTrIoDl6ybGBRBJ2Q&m=FDTLoRTWQukIHDolHW-2oGDh_CvCv66cRrdw4MiL6QY&s=PmWkMyXH3PD6cpT7FyTwNd5WT4tTndwRDniEX2PG4Fc&e=>