[Chat] Unprofessional Delegates Networking Session

Adam Harvey adam at adamharvey.name
Mon Jan 16 17:38:23 AEDT 2017

We're back where it all started! Eight years ago, in Hobart, the first ever
Unprofessional Delegates Networking Session was held at the TUU Refectory
and the Uni Bar. Since then, it has been held at every LCA, except for the
ones where we couldn't be bothered. (Hey, we're not just unprofessional in
name.)

Even though the PDNS has already happened (kind of), we shouldn't let that
stop us celebrating our unprofessionality! And, most importantly, eating
the finest cuisine we can get for gold coins from Coles.

*Here's what you need to know:*

*PLACE*: Errol Flynn Reserve <http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/384119236>
(search for "Short Beach" on Google Maps, as it doesn't know the real name
for some reason)
*TIME*: Thursday, starting at 6 pm
*PRICE*: $5 for food (by default, sausages/patties in bread; please note
dietary requirements when signing up); we will *not* be selling drinks this
year
*SIGNUPS*: on the wiki at https://linux.conf.au/wiki/conference/unpdns/ —
all welcome, but we may cap attendance at around 100 if we can't get
additional barbecue space

*Things that we could use help with:*

Beyond roping people into flipping and turning meat and non-meat based
products on the day, it would be amazing if a local or two could lend us an
esky and an additional barbecue on Thursday. Please get in touch if you can
help with either!

*Drinks?*

We won't be selling drinks this year. The FAQ
<https://linux.conf.au/wiki/conference/unpdns/faq/> includes a map
<http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/unpdns-2017_121149> of your options to
purchase liquid refreshments en route to the park. Tasmanian law[0] permits
responsible consumption of alcohol in most parks outside of central Hobart
(including the one we're using), but please remember that you will be
subject to Tasmania's laws around public intoxication. Save the whisk(e)y
for the whisk(e)y BOF.

Hope to see you all there!

Adam, unprofessional unorganiser

PS: Someone should bring some tennis balls and a cricket bat. The park has
a lot of grass.

[0] I'm not a lawyer, but Google wouldn't lie to me, right?