[Chat] Newcomers Welcome Session

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Sat Jan 14 13:24:52 AEDT 2017

Hi,

For those of you that are new/new-ish to linux.conf.au we will be
hosting the (somewhat) traditional Newcomers Welcome Session at 4pm on
Sunday afternoon at the main conference venue, Wrest Point Convention
Centre.

We won't know the exact room until tomorrow arvo due to logistics
considerations, but it will be near the Check-in Desk where you
register, collect your badge, etc.

The session will share some hints and tips for getting the most out of
your LCA experience and a little of the events history, presented by a
small panel of experts and yours truly.

We expect to finish by 5pm at which point it is suggested that folk that
so wish to repair to "Preachers", a well regarded eatery and bar in the
city.  This latter isn't an official LCA event as such, just a
suggestion for a common meeting point :)

If you can't make the session for some reason don't worry overmuch - the
official conference open on Monday morning will give you the key things
you need to know.

Kind Regards,
Hugh