[Chat] Transport to Hobart airport

Christopher Neugebauer chrisjrn at chrisjrn.com
Tue Jan 3 12:19:06 AEDT 2017

Hello all!

Reviving this thread.

1) Hobart Airport has relatively few flights -- no more than 20
flights arrive per day. Likewise for departures. We've got a page on
the conference wiki where you can list your name and e-mail/twitter
details -- https://linux.conf.au/wiki/conference/airport_arrivals_and_departures/
-- you can use this to find people who are on your flight.

2) The airporter bus stops at the University on Churchill Avenue.
There is a 600m walk with 40m positive elevation change between the
airporter stop and the colleges. The bus stops at the front door of
Wrest Point though, if you're staying there.

3) Sharing a taxi with three people works out to roughly the same cost
as taking the Airporter bus one-way. Sharing a taxi with 4 people, or
a maxi taxi with up to 10 works out as a substantial discount. Use the
wiki page to find people to share a ride with you!

Here to help!

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer