[Chat] Open Hardware Miniconf - IoTuz progress

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Mon Apr 17 09:57:22 AEST 2017

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 01:28:41PM +1100, Angus Gratton via Chat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For anyone who joined in for Open Hardware Miniconf assembly project on
> Tuesday, there are some updates:
>
> - The crashes that some people were seeing on the day are now solved (thx
> Jan!), if you "git pull" the firmware and re-compile, things should be OK.
>
> - Some additional hardware support (colourful LEDs!) has also been added to
> the IoTuz firmware.
>
> - Some people have Micropython up and running, which is awesome..
>
> - The "test" Arduino sketches in the IoTuz hardware repository have some
> additions. Marc Merlin a bunch of new things working in Arduino, including
> the touchscreen.

Eh, so it's only been 3 months. Either because I'm slow, or because it
was about 100H of work :)

Either way, for all of you with IoTuz boards maybe gathering dust.
Please bring them out and do something cool with them.

The software available during the miniconf was "minimal". I was a
miniconf attendee just like you, but I took that as a challenge because
I'm not very smart :)
Anyway, now you don't have that excuse anymore, here is a bunch of code:
https://github.com/marcmerlin/IoTuz

Miniconf report and IoTuz Dmeo:
http://marc.merlins.org/perso/arduino/post_2017-01-16_IoTuz-Driver-for-our-ESP32-board-built-at-Open-Hardware-Miniconf-at-Linux_Conf_au-2017.html

Or a 2mn demo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvcvpdip12A

There are still things to be done if you want excitement:
1) IR sending
2) audio recording and playing
3) bluetooth and wifi control of the board
4) whatever else you can come up with, surprise us :)

Cheers,
Marc
--
Microsoft is to operating systems ....